NSAC approves early weigh-ins for International Fight Week events Tuesday the Nevada State Athletic Commission approved a proposal from the UFC to implement early weigh-ins for the three-event “International Fight Week.” which includes UFC Fight Night 90, The Ultimate Fighter: Season 23 Finale and UFC 200. Weigh-ins will take place between 8am-10am PST at the fighter’s hotels the morning before the event. Later that evening fighters will “step on the scales” and have their official weights from the morning read. NSAC officials announced for International Fight Week Also on Tuesday the Nevada State Athletic Commission named referees and judges for International Fight Week. UFC Fight Night 90 – Rafael dos Anjos (c) (25-7) vs. Eddie Alvarez (27-4) – UFC lightweight title
- NSAC executives named Herb Dean the referee for the bout while Derek Clark, Sal D’Amato and Junichiro Kamijo handle judging duties.
The Ultimate Fighter 23 Finale Joanna Jedrzejczyk (c) (11-0) vs. Claudia Gadelha (13-1 ) – UFC strawweight title
- NSAC executives named John McCarthy will be the referee for the bout while Jeff Mullen, Marco Rosales and Dave Hagen serve as judges.
UFC 200 – Jose Aldo (25-2) vs. Frankie Edgar (20-4-1) – UFC interim featherweight title
- NSAC executives named Tony Weeks, Marcos Rosales and Junichiro Kamjo will handle judging duties.
UFC 200 – Miesha Tate (18-5) vs. Amanda Nunes (12-4) – UFC woman’s bantamweight title
- NSAC executives named Herb Dean as the referee.
UFC 200 – Daniel Cormier (17-1 ) vs. Jon Jones (22-1) – unifiying the UFC light heavyweight title
- NSAC executives named John McCarthy as the referee. Derek Cleary, Sal D’Amato and Glenn Trowbridge will be the judges.
UFC lightweight Carlos Diego Ferreira suspended 12 months for failed drug test In addition, NSAC sentenced UFC lightweight Carlos Diego Ferreira to a 12-month suspension. This stems from a positive drug test (for the banned substance Ostarine) ahead of his previously scheduled matchup against Abel Trujillo at UFC Fight Night 88. The suspension is retroactive to April 30. Ferreira (12-2) is coming off a unanimous decision victory over Olivier Aubin-Mercier, which snapped a two fight losing streak. The Brazilian can return to active competition on April 30th, 2017.