Yesterday, the UFC suspended lightweight contender Nate Diaz indefinitely pending internal investigation for a controversial tweet directed at bantamweight fighter Bryan Caraway in which Diaz wrote that Caraway was a “f**.” Today, the UFC released details of the suspension to Diaz. The Stockton native has been suspended 90 days starting today and has also been fined $20,000 that will go to charity. Here’s what the UFC wrote in a prepared statement on their official website: “UFC lightweight Nate Diaz has received an immediate 90-day suspension and $20,000 fine for violating the UFC’s fighter code of conduct. The language used in his tweet was regrettable, offensive and inconsistent with the values and culture of the organization, and is not tolerated. The money will be donated to charity.” The UFC did not announce what charity the money will go to. The length of the suspension (three months) has come under scrutiny on Twitter and social media outlets because Diaz was unlikely to be booked for a fight in the next three months considering he just fought at UFC on FOX 7 in late April and was knocked out with a head kick by Josh Thomson. Since his suspension ends in mid August, he will be able to fight Diego Sanchez — who called him out — at UFC 164, which is set to take place August 31 in Milwaukee, WI, if that’s the matchup the UFC wants to book, so it’s really not all that much of a suspension. However, it is still something, and it’s definitely a harsher punishment than the one that was levied against Matt Mitrione last month after he lashed out against transgendered fighter Fallon Fox. Mitrione was suspended for less than two weeks and was given an undisclosed fine for his comments, which were on par, if not worse, than what Diaz said. I do have to give the UFC credit for one thing, though, and that’s that they stated exactly how long Diaz’ suspension is and exactly how much he was being fined, which is what other professional sports leagues like the NFL and MLB do when their fighters violate those organizations’ respective code of conducts. Hopefully, the UFC is up front and states exactly how long fighters are suspended for from here on out, as it gives the organization an added layer of credibility as they begin to grow and move more and more into the mainstream. As for Diaz, hopefully he learns from his mistake and watches what he says on Twitter. And hopefully every other UFC fighter does the same so we don’t have another situation like this, but that’s probably like a pipe dream since controversy has stuck to the sport of mixed martial arts like glue ever since it became a sport, and, for better or worse, seems to be an inherent part of the game. UFC on FX 8 Weigh Ins Go Down — Every Fighter Makes Weight The weigh-ins for tomorrow evening’s UFC on FX 8 event today took place in Brazil and all 26 fighters on the card made weight. Lightweight John Cholish was the only fighter who had a bit of a scare, as he weighed in at 156.2 in his first attempt — 0.2 pounds over the limit (remember, this isn’t Quebec) — but he went backstage and ran off the extra weight and his bout against Gleison Tibau will be contested as a lightweight bout and not at a catchweight. Most fighters looked to be in very good condition so there’s nothing I can warn you about in regards to your bets to the card. Good luck everyone.