We have enjoyed a great year of action inside the UFC’s Octagon in 2017. At the start of the year, I made 10 predictions, and did pretty well! We now look forward to what 2018 has to offer in the world of the UFC. Here are my predictions…
1) Stipe Miocic is dethroned.
2) Francis Ngannou becomes UFC Heavyweight Champion and successfully defends the title at least once.
3) Jimmie Rivera remains unbeaten in the UFC, likely securing a title shot and becoming UFC Bantamweight Champion.
4) Sage Northcutt does not lose a fight in 2018.
5) Conor McGregor fights at least once in the UFC.
6) McGregor vs. Nurmagomedov does not happen in 2018.
7) Tatiana Suarez remains undefeated in 2018, potentially getting into the UFC Strawweight title picture.
8) Valentine Shevchenko goes unbeaten in 2018, likely becoming UFC Flyweight Champion.
9) Zabit Magomedsharipov remains unbeaten inside the Octagon in 2018, potentially entering the UFC Featherweight title picture.
10) Paulo Borrachina suffers the first official loss of his professional mixed martial arts career.