ToutMaster 2017 (presented by MMAOddsBreaker.com and TheMMA-Analysis Podcast) kicked off with UFC on Fox 23 in Denver, Colorado.
Sappler10 holds a .1 point lead over Chris DeRubeis after two events of ToutMaster 2017. The Top 5 overall is separated by less than one point. ToutMaster 2016 third place contestant WillMartinMMA is in that group, tied for fifth, while the remainder of the Top 5 is new to the contest this year. The top score for UFC on FOX 23 was by teamxbladz. He scored a strong 11.6 points for the event, picking 11 of the 12 fights correctly. The lone fight he picked incorrectly was Bobby Nash against Li Jingliang. With that score, he moved into a tie for fifth place overall. To check out the 2017 standings, click the following link: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1dTlTYofQ1CHL6bMeIYHW1RCtYU3Nu_630FNKhhH8JN8/edit#gid=1725684060 Some additional notes on the UFC on FOX 23 card:
- Favorites to win: 9
- Underdogs to win: 3
- Biggest Underdog to win: Jorge Masvidal (1.35 points)
- Biggest Consensus Pick: Li Jingliang (150) / Bobby Nash (39)
- Biggest Consensus Pick (2017 Record): 2-0
- Most Contentious Pick: Raphael Assuncao (96) / Aljamain Sterling (93)
- Consensus Underdog Pick (More contestants picked underdog than favorite): 0-0
The UFC heads from Phoenix to Houston this Saturday (February 4th, 2017) for UFC Fight Night 104. This will be the second week of four straight weeks of UFC live events, culminating with UFC Fight Night 105 in Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada on February 19th.