Dana White’s Contender Series 28 takes place on Tuesday, August 11 at the UFC Apex in Las Vegas, Nevada. The offshore sportsbooks recently opened up the betting odds for the main card, and here they are.
Opening Odds For Dana White’s Contender Series 28
TJ Laramie -215
Daniel Swain +175
Impa Kasanganay -145
Anthony Adams +115
Vanessa Demopoulos -136
Cory McKenna +106
Adrian Yanez -200
Brady Huang +160
Dustin Stolzfus -225
Joe Pyfer +190
Here are my initial thoughts on the Opening Odds For Dana White’s Contender Series 28:
- In featherweight action, top Canadian prospect Laramie (11-3) takes on Swain (20-9-1). Laramie is just 22 years old and he is riding a three-fight win streak into his DWCS debut. This is a young fighter with quite a bit of experience already including a win over Charles Jourdain. As for Swain, he’s 29 years old and he’s riding a two-fight win streak into his DWCS debut. He has been competing as a pro for 10 years and has wins over the likes of Sam Sicilia and Sabah Fadai. I lean towards the younger Laramie, but Swain should be competitive here.
- At middleweight, the undefeated 6-0 Kasanganay takes on the 8-1 Adams. The 26-year-old Kasanganay was actually on the last season of Contender Series and since then he has had three fights fall through. I actually thought he should have been signed last year but I’m glad he’s getting another shot. As for Adams, the 32 year old lost two years ago on DWCS and is getting another shot after picking up a knockout win in LFA. However, most of Adams’ wins come by decision and he doesn’t seem like the kind of guy the UFC would want on the roster. I’m leaning towards the younger Kasanganay to get his hand raised here.
- In women’s strawweight action, the 31-year-old LFA champ Demopoulos looks to earn a UFC deal with a win here over the Cage Warriors vet McKenna. Both women are fairly new to the sport, having only been fighting for three and two years, respectively. I believe that Demopoulos has fought slightly better competition so I would lean towards her here.
- In bantamweight action, the 26-year-old Yanez makes his DWCS debut after having won three straight fights on the regional scene. He’s a veteran of Bellator and LFA and carries a decent amount of experience into this season, having a 10-3 record. As for the 27-year-old Huang, he is 11-1 and is riding a three-fight win streak into his DWCS debut. I think this is one of the better fights on the card, and I could see it going either way as both guys are solid prospects.
- At middleweight, the 23-year-old Pyfer takes on the 28-year-old Stoltzfus. Pyfer is new to the sport but has already racked up a 7-1 record in just two years on the job. As for Stoltzfus, he’s 12-1 and is riding a nine-fight win streak into this DWCS debut. Stolzfus has more experience and has been finishing his opponents in devastating fashion, but Pyfer is definitely a fast learner. I can see with Stoltzfus is favored here but Pyfer can absolutely win this fight.